Friday, June 15, 2007

the dreadful basket

Dear Son,

The basket you see here has caused me tears today.

I bought it one day while we were in the mall because you loved playing with it, putting stuff inside it, feeling responsible for carrying something like grown ups do in a supermarket.

And this basket became one of your favorite toys in the house. You just love putting things inside it, carrying it around, unloading it, and putting your tiny fingers in its little holes.
Until this morning. This morning i will never forget. Your tiny fingers weren't that tiny anymore -- they got STUCK!!! Your forefinger and thumb got stuck in it and we couldn't remove them that easy. What frightened me more and caused me to cry was your very-painful-and-really-hurt-very-very-loud cry! Your lips were already trembling and your face was red. Why not? Your fingers were already purple!!!! And it began to swell!! My Goodness!I was ready to call an ambulance. But I thought. Something must be done now! I couldn't wait for another minute listening to your painful cry...

I thank the Holy Spirit for guiding me not to panic. I remember shouting "Lord! buligi kami ay ano himuon namun!!! (Lord please help us. Tell us what to do!!!) I right away remembered: soap and water! I saw that being done by some people when they couldn't remove a ring from their finger. Thanks to the dishwashing liquid and the pail of water that's already full. Thanks too for Tita Mae who shouted and cried with me. As I submerged your fingers -- I mean the basket with your fingers -- in the pail, I told you: "Baby relax lang ha.. relax lang" then I began to massage your fingers calmly -- praying all at the same time. Before we knew it, your fingers were FREE!!!

"Thank You Lord!". That's all I could say. And we both cried. Till you were calm.

Now baby, Im ordering you-- don't you dare touch that basket again. Is that clear?

traumatized-by-the-basket,
...Mommy

6 comments:

Amabelle Enriquez-Del Castillo said...

Hi bang, I really empathize with you.Im sorry about what happened to Rujim, his Ate Fran almost cut her index finger with my bike's sprockets too about 3 weeks ago. God is really watching over us all the time.That day, my mama came to our house a few minutes it happened, and she was able to call for help inside the subdivision...our angel, one of the carpenters of the on-going construction at the back of our house ( sorry, I even forgot his name coz I was trembling and crying)...but God knows how thankful I am for having sent those angels right on time :) Hugs and kisses to Uji

Genevive said...

Halu yoy! susmarya! yes i remember you told me that a few weeks ago, but i didn't know it was that freightening... mabuang ko huna huna! you are right God is there for us all the time... gitawag nimo si tita ket of ni abot ra jud siya? grabe no? salamat sa carpenter oi.. ako pasalamat sa tuff dishwashing hahaha natunga gud ang bottle ... oi, thanks for dropping by =)

Unknown said...

tawa ko ya the way you related the incident.hehehe..nasugid mo naman ni ya sa akon gapon pag call ko.hehehe..pero ti syempre kaluoy man ujipoypoytabachoychoypochoychoy cutiepieappliepiemudpiebluberrypie...kabay pa indi na matabo kay butitoy ko.amen.

Genevive said...

anabelya (kun kay meow pa) indi ta na ma avoid bala ya ang mga accidents... kag mga probs in life.. we just have to thank God that He's constantly with us, and that he watches over us, there are angels assigned to our anaks.. and no matter how careful we are, may mga amo gid na gakatabu... haaay .. haaay... hehhe

Unknown said...

ok klang ya kay presence of mind ka.ako ya sala-sala warrior.nerbyosa pa.daw malipong.

Genevive said...

ahahahaha! sabagay =)

... evething i need to know, my mom tells me.